Winect, The program that allows you to control Windows without touching any device!
Combining a hand sign recognition algorithm and hand tracking system from OpenNI, I present to you a software that allows you to use your Kinect/Depth Camera to control your Windows Cursor!
The hand sign recognition algorithm can allows you to do more than just clicking! Perform left mouse clicks, middle mouse clicks, and right mouse clicks all by using hand signs! Also features back and forward gesture in Chrome, as well as zoom controls!
Microsoft .Net 3.5 Client Profile
1. Download and install OpenNI SDK (http://www.openni.org/openni-sdk/openni-sdk-history-2)
2. Download and install SensorKinect Driver (https://github.com/avin2/SensorKinect/)
3. Download and install OpenNI NITE (http://www.openni.org/openni-sdk/openni-sdk-history-2)
4. Download and install Winect Installer
Winect Lite is free for use as is without any form of warranty. Contact me if you wish to have a customised version of Winect.
v0.75 (Released on 1 Apr 2013)(Not an April Fool’s)
- Included a missing dll that has been causing crashes.
v0.74 (Released on 16 Jul 2012)
- Included a config xml file for versions of OpenNI drivers that requires this file else the program would crash
v0.73 (Released on 8 Jun 2012)
- Fix to support different versions of OpenNI and NITE drivers
v0.72 (Released on 20 Apr 2012)
- Improved recognition ability
- Compatibility issue fix
v0.6 (Released on 2 Apr 2012)
- Initial release version